My recent Redmi Note 7 Pro Purchase




Redmi Note 7 Pro (Neptune Blue, 64 GB)


I have purchased Redmi Note 7 Pro on the 5th of January 2020. It was Neptune Blue in color. 

What motivated me to purchase this smartphone were those positive reviews by people online and because of those reviews-sharing websites which gave an impressive rating to this phone.


My first thought about buying Redmi Note 7 Pro was its Camera, Processor capacity, and some other features, about which the phone was blithely endorsed all over the internet. Many websites exaggerated at length about this phone, saying it is one of the most const-effective smartphones every brought into the Indian market. 

These positive reviews finally tantalized me to purchase the phone, and so, I dropped an order on Flipkart, which later had it delivered to me 6 days after I had placed an order for the phone.

Firsthand experience of Redmi Note 7 Pro on arrival


When the phone was home-delivered by the Flipkart delivery agent, my joy knew no bounds. I just wanted to open the tiny box encasing the phone from my gaze. After unboxing, the first thing I did was to check if I received an original product or a fake one, considering you can’t trust anything these days. 

Glad it was a brand-new, original product from Xiaomi.

I wish I had videographed the unboxing of Redmi Note 7 Pro, but overwhelming excitement made me oblivious to this. Anyway, after taking the phone out of the box, I tried to switch it on, but it didn’t even blink!

I thought maybe I pressed the wrong power-up button, but it was the right one. 

The phone didn’t start and then I realized it was the exhausted battery causing the phone not to start up. And this experience was in contrast to the one I saw on those videos in which the guys unboxing the phone started it up without first charging the device. 

Well, in my case the thing was different.

So, I first charged up the phone for a while and when I saw that it was in around 20% charging condition, I switched it on.

This time it flicked into action!

Unlike a smartphone pro, I did not go through the specifications and narrative of all bloatware that the phone encased with it. Rather I jumped into “version” section of the phone to see its default feature and if the phone needed an update. Understandably being a new phone, it required immediate updates. So, I updated all the apps preinstalled, install new apps, and updated its OS to the latest version.

UI EXPERIENCE


UI experience of Redmi Note 7 Pro was good for me. It was beaming up in radiance that pleased to the eyesight.

However, it did not present an immersive viewing experience on firsthand. I thought that since the phone equipped with FHD+ feature, the impressive resolution would have given its overall appearance a much better and prettified visual, but it was not that I imagined in the first place. Well, it was not bad either.

Talking about unnecessary apps preinstalled in Redmi Note 7 Pro, I uninstalled few of them and kept those I thought would be useful for me later.

CAMERA PERFORMANCE


I was utterly disappointed with the camera performance of Redmi Note 7 Pro.

Talking about its primary camera that featured Pro mode function, it was great to see the kind of photo output that the phone generated after clicking some shots. The pictorial details of the nearby objects clicked through the camera of Redmi Note 7 Pro was great. However, the front-facing camera that we know is used for selfie purposes seemed to me totally dud!

I hated my selfies are taken by Redmi Note 7 Pro.

The selfies, even if shot in the indoor ambiance or outdoor, were not photogenic. Worse, for the first time, I felt that “AI” is dumb not to be so intuitive as to analyzing my face and background to take a shot worth viewing. Not impressed with the AI-mode of the camera at all.

To some extent I tend to believe that the selfie camera performance of my REDMI NOTE 4 is better than Redmi Note 7 Pro. However, the main camera that is of 48MP gives you the output that is quite presentable.

BATTERY PERFORMANCE


Not very good!

As far as I can remember, after using it for 10 minutes, the battery percentage drained from an initial 90% to 75%. And I was not playing any game or watching any video at that time. Just was surfing the web for some important information, checking my Gmail, Facebook, and Instagram. Yes, I also updated a few apps.

Please correct me if the battery drainage was the result of that multitasking on the phone. However, I personally feel that the battery performance of Redmi Note 7 Pro is not good.

Is Redmi Note 7 Pro recommendable?


Yes, if you are looking for a smartphone that can justify your mid-range budgetary requirement, you can go for it.

One more thing, try to buy 6GB (RAM)+120GB (ROM) segment, as Redmi Note 7 Pro under 4GB RAM and 64 GB ROM will not allow you to enjoy the spatial beauty of the phone. However, if you are okay with 64 GB ROM and don’t want to increase the budget more than 10k, you can go for Redmi Note 7 Pro under this segment. And this is what I have purchased (glad I made this decision).

Another important thing to note is that the phone does not come with a dedicated slim slot. Hence, either you insert one 4G SIM and choose another slot for a memory card, or occupy both the slots with two 4G SIMS. The choice is yours. And believe me, this is the feature that dampens the spirit of buying Redmi Note 7 Pro.

It’s like Catch-22 dilemma – you wish to choose “6GB (RAM)+120GB (ROM)” but can’t afford Rs 15K that it costs, and don’t wish to choose “4GB RAM + 64 GB ROM” variant because of its spatial restrictions.

Wrapping it up


Now I am concluding this brief review about Redmi Note 7 Pro with the statement that I did not check CPU performance of the phone, considering I am not a gamer. I seldom played a game on any smartphone ever. Considering the power of its CPU feature, playing heavy-data sensitive games won’t be a problem, as far as I can guess.

Redmi Note 7 Pro: At a Glance


Display
6.30-inch (1080x2340)
Processor
Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
Front Camera
13MP
Rear Camera
48MP + 5MP
RAM
4GB
Storage
64GB
Battery Capacity
4000mAh
OS
Android Pie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six Ways To Write Winning Web-Articles

PM Modi on ramping up testing to cease corona infection spike in India

My Hypothetical Rumination